The history of the sport of Rugby dates back several centuries as a sport where a ball was carried and tossed between players. However, it was in the 1830s, when carrying and tossing the ball became a prominent sport at Rugby School in Rugby, Warwickshire, England. For years the sport grew and then in 1845 the first written code of rules was adopted at Rugby School. The Rugby shirt was designed to withstand the rugged sport and not rip during the scrum and rough tackling that is part of the game. What once was made of wool, the Rigby shirt soon transformed to being made of heavy gauge cotton.
The modern Rugby shirt has certainly undergone additional transformation with synthetic fibers for additional strength and a tighter fit to make grabbing the shirt more difficult by opposing players. The new synthetic fabric is also more breathable for enhanced sweat control, and tear-resistant for superior durability.
The Charles River Adult Classic Rugby Shirt retains the heritage of its early origins, made of 100% cotton Jersey Knit (8.85 oz./yd2), the classic style of a 4” yarn-dyed rugby stripe, and a white twill collar stitched with reinforcing tape for added strength. This long-sleeve apparel garment has rubber buttons that are concealed by the heavy-duty white twill placket and rib knit cuffs.
It’s classic original style, attached to the unique and rough and tumble sport of Rugby, makes an excellent piece of apparel upon which to promote your team, your club, your organization, or a classic shirt that is comfortable to suit your personal style preference. Styled for both men and women, this shirt has also proven to be a great gift item for Christmas or birthdays.
Construction and Functionality factors of the Charles River Adult Classic Rugby Shirt
- Made from 100% cotton Jersey Knit with reinforced stitching throughout for superior strength and durability.
- The white twill collar is stitched with reinforcing tape for added strength and durability.
- The heavy-duty white twill placket conceals rubber buttons
- The cotton fabric is specially treated so that it feels soft, and broken-in from day one, for superior comfort and ease in wear.
- Rib-knit cuffs conform fit to the wrists for a more functional snug fit.
- The Classic Rugby Shirt is available in adult sizes extra extra small (XXS) to 3 extra-large (3XL).
Fashion factors of the Charles River Adult Classic Rugby Shirt
- Presents the classic style of the original Rugby shirts with 4” yarn-dyed rugby stripe and white twill collar.
- Long sleeves also project the style of the shirt’s origin and offers protection and comfort for the upper extremities.
- Styled for both men and women.
- Available in the following color schemes:
- Royal/White (076)
- Forest/White (026)
- Black/Grey (006)
- Maroon/White (003)
- Navy/White (048)
- Black/Red (015)
- Red/White (063)
- Black/White (017)
Decoration options for the Charles River Adult Classic Rugby Shirt
Decoration options for personalizing this Classic Rugby Shirt: heat transfer, embroidery, and screenprint.
- Heat transfer: Using the Charles River “PerfectSeal” technology on the nylon fabric of the jacket ensures that logos/artwork pop with detailed imagery and vibrant colors.
- Embroidery: The process of embroidery brings versatility to the decorative goals of having a logo or artwork stand out bold or subtle while increasing the value of the jacket. With literally hundreds of color rich threads to choose from, any design is delivered with a high-quality appearance. This technique allows them to offer a vast array of color schemes and combinations with their decoration services.
- Screen Print: State of the art inks and multicolor screen and distressed screen-printing techniques allow your logo or design to be vibrantly and qualitatively applied to the jacket for high-quality visual effects and performance in durability.
The PerfectSeal heat transfer minimums are 24 pieces per logo, and the Embroidery and Screen-printing minimums are 12 pieces per logo.