The word “vest” comes from the Latin vestire, which means “to clothe”. It can be used to designate a bestowal or control or position, such as may be granted to someone by royalty, or denoting a loose outer garment that someone may wear. Softshell has reference to a relatively new type of outerwear that has the qualities of being more flexible and breathable than other stiffer fabrics.
The Charles River Men’s Classic Soft Shell Vest is constructed of 90% polyester/10% Spandex shell fabric bonded to 100% polyester microfleece to provide wind and water-resistant properties. Its high tech 3-layer poly/spandex and microfleece bonded with a unique middle laminate layer material adds enhanced protection form cold temperatures. Its breathable and water-resistant properties increase its ability to provide protection from the elements and can serve well as an undergarment for layering in cold weather. Convenient vertical side pockets provide a place for keeping hands warm or valuables close.
Whether as a personal choice for a casual look and every day wear, or to provide a group’s members with comfort and style while advertising your logo and branding identity, Charles River’s ability to custom design almost any decoration feature to the vest makes this article of clothing popular with organizations, businesses, teams and other entities.
Key protection and performance factors of the Charles River Men’s Classic Soft Shell Vest
- Constructed of 90% Polyester/10% Spandex to provide protection from wind and rain.
- The added warmth is provided by this vest’s hi-tech 3-layer poly/spandex with microfleece bonded to 100% polyester microfleece through helping to hold on to body heat. (11.65 oz/yd2)
- The breathability of these fabrics adds to comfort and everyday use capability.
- The vests stand up collar with tricot faced chin guar and windflap provides protection from wind and rain to these sensitive body parts.
Key functionality factors of the Charles River Men’s Classic Soft Shell Vest
- Front pockets with welt covered zippers and an open hem with shockcord drawstring enable to wearer to make adjustments for comfort.
- Located inside the vest at the left hem is a valuables pocket for easy placement of personal items you want to keep close on hand.
- This vest has breathable properties that help make its every day wear more comfortable and doable.
- Size availability ranges from small (S) to 3 extra-large (3XL).
Key fashion factors of the Charles River Men’s Classic Soft Shell Vest
- A silhouette cut with no added bulk provides a stylish and flexible wear.
- Available in the following color schemes:
- Black/Vapor Grey (106)
- Navy (040)
- Coordinates with Women’s Soft Shell Vest (5819).
Decoration options for the Charles River Men’s Classic Soft Shell Vest
There are three decoration options for personalizing this vest; heat transfer, embroidery, and screen print.
- Heat transfer: Using the Charles River “PerfectSeal” technology on the nylon fabric of the Classic Pullover Jacket ensures that logos/artwork pop with detailed imagery and vibrant colors.
- Embroidery: The process of embroidery brings versatility to the decorative goals of having a logo or artwork stand out bold or subtle while increasing the value of the jacket. With literally hundreds of color rich threads to choose from, any design is delivered with high-quality appearance. This technique allows them to offer a vast array of color schemes and combinations with their decoration services.
- Screen Print: State of the art inks and multicolor screen and distressed screen-printing techniques allow your logo or design to be vibrantly and qualitatively applied to the jacket for high-quality visual effects and performance in durability.
Note: For a DISCOUNT in Decoration/Personalization pricing: Embroidery and Screen Print require a minimum of 12 pieces per logo while the PerfectSeal heat transfer requires a minimum of 24 pieces per logo.