The parka outerwear garment is an iconic coat whose origin comes from the Inuit tribes who needed clothing to protect them against cold, wind and wet while engaging in the work of survival, such as hunting, kayaking, and building. The parka was lined with fur and had a hood to protect the sensitive head and neck areas against extreme cold weather. The parkas were usually coated with fish oil, or other animal oil, as a water-resistant feature.
The Charles River Men’s Journey Parka is a stylish outerwear constructed of materials that are durable, wind and water-resistant, and keep you incredibly warm in very cold temperatures. Their construction and design fabric includes 100% polyester exteriorly, and 100% nylon lining quilted to 3M™ Thinsulate insulation interiorly for the ultimate in warmth and wet protection. The construction design and superior warmth, wind, and wet protecting materials ensure a durable and long-lasting parka to protect you from the cold, wind, and wet that winter season is assuredly to unleash.
Charles River’s ability to custom design almost any decoration feature to this parka with its Stow-Away system, makes it an extremely popular and functional piece of outerwear with organizations, teams and other entities that are based in cold weather settings, while displaying your organizations logo with pride and broad exposure, and projecting a unity and sense of belonging of members.
Protection & Performance factors of the Charles River Men’s Journey Parka
- Constructed with a 100% Polyester with a textured patter ensure superior cold, wind, and wet protection and the characteristic feature of long-lasting durable wear.
- The 100% nylon lining is quilted to 3M™ Thinsulate insulation (2.5 oz/yd2) for the ultimate in warmth.
- The fleece lined hood helps keep the head and neck areas warm helping to reduce body heat loss due to vessels running close to the body surface in these areas.
- A covered snap placket conceals the zipper and storm flap protection adds to protection from the elements.
Functionality factors of the Charles River Men’s Journey Parka
- The fleece lined hood can be zipped off if desired, and when on, can be adjusted with a shockcord drawstring to fit your desired degree of protection.
- A two-way zipper offers ease of mobility and adjustment for various circumstances.
- The chin guard feature is faced with brushed tricot for added comfort and warmth.
- Covered zippered pockets for hands of keeping personal items secure.
- Size availability ranges from small (S) to 3 extra-large (3XL).
Fashion factors of the Charles River Men’s Journey Parka
- A right side, chest level vertical zipper pocket adds to the stylish look while providing a convenient storage place for your cellphone or other personal item.
- A covered snap placket with concealed zipper for style and some added protection.
- The parka is available in the following color schemes.
- Black (010)
- Grey Melange (304)
- Coordinates with the Women’s Journey Parka (5762).
Decoration options for the Charles River Men’s Journey Parka
There are three decoration options for personalizing this parka; heat transfer, embroidery, and screen print.
- Heat transfer: Using the Charles River “PerfectSeal” technology on the nylon fabric of the Classic Pullover Jacket ensures that logos/artwork pop with detailed imagery and vibrant colors.
- Embroidery: The process of embroidery brings versatility to the decorative goals of having a logo or artwork stand out bold or subtle while increasing the value of the jacket. With literally hundreds of color rich threads to choose from, any design is delivered with high-quality appearance. This technique allows them to offer a vast array of color schemes and combinations with their decoration services.
- Screen Print: State of the art inks and multicolor screen and distressed screen-printing techniques allow your logo or design to be vibrantly and qualitatively applied to the jacket for high-quality visual effects and performance in durability.
The PerfectSeal heat transfer minimums are 24 pieces per logo, and the Embroidery and Screen-printing minimums are 12 pieces per logo.