The word “vest” has an interesting origin with a couple of meanings. Specific to the Latin word vestire, it has reference to clothing someone. To clothe may mean to bestow on someone a position or the power to perform or function in a particular way. It also denotes a loose outer garment, or shell, that typically is more flexible and breathable than other stiffer fabrics.
The Charles River Women’s Classic Soft Shell Vest is a wind and water-resistant apparel item constructed of 90% polyester/10% Spandex shell fabric bonded to 100% polyester microfleece. Its high tech 3-layer poly/spandex and microfleece bonded with a unique middle laminate layer material adds enhanced protection form cold temperatures. Its breathable and water-resistant properties increase its ability to provide protection from the elements and can serve well as an under garment for layering in cold weather. Convenient vertical side pockets provide place for keeping hands warm or valuables close.
Charles River’s ability to custom design almost any decoration feature to the vest makes this article of clothing popular as an attention-grabbing garment and fan favorite at tradeshows, fundraisers, or other group affiliation activities. Or, as a personal choice for a causal look and everyday wear, this vest is also a good choice for layering options.
Key protection and performance factors of the Charles River Women’s Classic Soft Shell Vest
- Constructed of 90% Polyester/10% Spandex to provide protection from wind and rain.
- Added warmth is provided by this vest’s hi-tech 3-layer poly/spandex with microfleece bonded to 100% polyester microfleece through helping to hold on to body heat. (11.65 oz/yd2)
- The breathability of these fabrics adds to comfort and everyday use capability.
- The vests stand up collar with tricot faced chin guar and windflap provides protection from wind and rain to these sensitive body parts.
Key functionality factors of the Charles River Women’s Classic Soft Shell Vest
- Front pockets with welt covered zippers and an open hem with shockcord drawstring enable to wearer to make adjustments for comfort.
- Located inside the vest at the left hem is a valuables pocket for easy placement of personal items you want to keep close on hand.
- This vest has breathable properties that help make its every day wear more comfortable and doable.
- Fitted styling for a more feminine look.
- Size availability ranges from extra small (S) to 3 extra-large (3XL).
Key fashion factors of the Charles River Women’s Classic Soft Shell Vest
- A silhouette cut with no added bulk provides a stylish and flexible wear.
- Available in the following color schemes:
- Black/Vapor Grey (106)
- Navy (040)
- Coordinates with Men’s Soft Shell Vest (9819).
Decoration options for the Charles River Women’s Classic Soft Shell Vest
There are three decoration options for personalizing this vest; heat transfer, embroidery, and screen print.
- Heat transfer: Using the Charles River “PerfectSeal” technology on the nylon fabric of the Classic Pullover Jacket ensures that logos/artwork pop with detailed imagery and vibrant colors.
- Embroidery: The process of embroidery brings versatility to the decorative goals of having a logo or artwork stand out bold or subtle while increasing the value of the jacket. With literally hundreds of color rich threads to choose from, any design is delivered with high-quality appearance. This technique allows them to offer a vast array of color schemes and combinations with their decoration services.
- Screen Print: State of the art inks and multicolor screen and distressed screen-printing techniques allow your logo or design to be vibrantly and qualitatively applied to the jacket for high-quality visual effects and performance in durability.
Note: For a DISCOUNT in Decoration/Personalization pricing: Embroidery and Screen Print require a minimum of 12 pieces per logo while the PerfectSeal heat transfer requires a minimum of 24 pieces per logo.