Charles River Women’s Journey Parka (5762) Overview
The history of the parka, an iconic piece of outerwear designed to protect the wearer against wind and wet, has an interesting origin. Originally an outercoat constructed from caribou by the Inuit to help keep them warm and dry while engaging in the work of survival, such as hunting, kayaking, and building, the parka was a heavily lined (fur) coat with a hood. The parkas were usually coated with fish oil, or other animal oil, as a water-resistant feature.
The Charles River Women’s Journey Parka is a sleekly designed and stylish outerwear constructed of materials that keep you incredibly warm in very cold temperatures. Constructed of 100% polyester exteriorly, and 100% nylon lining quilted to 3M™ Thinsulate insulation interiorly for the ultimate in warmth and wet protection. Its somewhat hour-glass design conforms nicely to the female figure for a feminine silhouette. The construction design and superior warmth, wind, and wet protecting materials ensure a durable and long-lasting parka to protect you from the cold, wind, and wet that winter season is assuredly to unleash.
Charles River’s ability to custom design almost any decoration feature to this parka with its Stow-Away system, makes it an extremely popular and functional piece of outerwear with organizations, teams and other entities that are based in cold weather settings, while displaying your organizations logo with broad exposure and projecting a unity and sense of belonging of members.
Protection & Performance factors of the Charles River Women’s Journey Parka
- Constructed with a 100% Polyester with a textured pattern ensure superior cold, wind, and wet protection and the characteristic feature of long-lasting durable wear.
- The 100% nylon lining is quilted to 3M™ Thinsulate insulation for the ultimate in warmth.
- The longer length provides bottom protection when sitting down.
- The fleece-lined hood helps keep warm those areas of head and neck where body heat tends to be lost due to vessels running close to the body surface.
- A covered snap placket conceals the zipper for added wind protection.
Functionality factors of the Charles River Women’s Journey Parka
- The fleece-lined hood can be zipped off if desired, and when on, can be adjusted with a shockcord drawstring to fit your desired degree of protection.
- A two-way zipper offers ease of mobility and adjustment for various circumstances.
- The chin guard feature is faced with brushed tricot for added comfort and warmth.
- Size availability ranges from extra small (XS) to 3 extra-large (3XL).
Fashion factors of the Charles River Women’s Journey Parka
- A feminine silhouette design accenting the female figure is enhanced with an adjustable interior waist drawstring and back vent.
- A sleek design that contours to the female body with an element of elegance.
- A covered snap placket with a concealed zipper for style and some added protection.
- The parka is available in the following color schemes.
- Black (010)
- Grey Melange (304)
- Coordinates with the Men’s Journey Parka (9762).
Decoration options for the Charles River Women’s Journey Parka
There are three decoration options for personalizing this parka; heat transfer, embroidery, and screen print.
- Heat transfer: Using the Charles River “PerfectSeal” technology on the nylon fabric of the Classic Pullover Jacket ensures that logos/artwork pop with detailed imagery and vibrant colors.
- Embroidery: The process of embroidery brings versatility to the decorative goals of having a logo or artwork stand out bold or subtle while increasing the value of the jacket. With literally hundreds of color-rich threads to choose from, any design is delivered with a high-quality appearance. This technique allows them to offer a vast array of color schemes and combinations with their decoration services.
- Screen Print: State of the art inks and multicolor screen and distressed screen-printing techniques allow your logo or design to be vibrantly and qualitatively applied to the jacket for high-quality visual effects and performance in durability.
The PerfectSeal heat transfer minimums are 24 pieces per logo, and the Embroidery and Screen-printing minimums are 12 pieces per logo.
Sweatshirt Station is an authorized distributor of Charles River Apparel. You can click HERE to purchase the Charles River Women’s Journey Parka (5762).